A number of UBC Faculty of Medicine members have been honoured with Killam teaching awards for 2022/2023. The yearly awards are offered from the Killam Endowment Fund to faculty and teaching assistants who demonstrate excellence in teaching.
Killam Teaching Prize
The Killam Teaching Prize is awarded annually to faculty nominated by students, colleagues and alumni in recognition of excellence in teaching.
Faculty of Medicine recipients:
- Dr. Maria Hubinette, Clinical Professor, Department of Family Practice
- Dr. Alex Scott, Professor and Head, Department of Physical Therapy
- Patricia Birch, Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Medical Genetics
- Dr. Silke Cresswell, Associate Professor, Department of Medicine
Killam Graduate Teaching Assistant Award
The Killam Graduate Teaching Assistant Award is presented each year to graduate students who have made outstanding contributions to teaching and learning at UBC.
Faculty of Medicine recipient:
- Leena Alkhammash, Department of Cellular and Physiological Sciences
Visit the Office of the Provost & Vice-President Academic website for the full list of recipients.