The Teaching Tracking and Payment System (TTPS) is a new, province-wide system, which the Faculty of Medicine is using to document the teaching contributions of Clinical Faculty who teach in the MD Undergraduate Program (MDUP). TTPS will improve administrative processes for managing Clinical Faculty information and payments.
TTPS will provide quarterly teaching statements for Clinical Faculty who teach in the MDUP. These statements will:
- Detail teaching activities and payment amounts (when eligible);
- Allow Clinical Faculty to review teaching activities and identify any inaccuracies; and
- Provide a record of teaching contributions that can be used for reappointment, promotion and other recognition opportunities.
Information Renewal Request
TTPS will be a “one-stop-shop” for MDUP Clinical Faculty teaching and payment information, which will be kept in a secure, electronic repository. Some departments and regional programs have asked clinical faculty to provide updated personal and payment information to ensure the new system is using accurate information.
If you’ve received an information renewal request and haven’t yet responded, please contact your department or regional program to verify your details.
Different departments and regional programs within the Faculty of Medicine have implemented TTPS at different times throughout the year. As of July, 2016, all groups in the MDUP are tracking clinical faculty teaching activities in TTPS.
If you teach for multiple departments and regional programs, your records for the April – June quarter will only include teaching in departments and programs in which TTPS was implemented.
For April – June, TTPS captured teaching delivered for:
- Vancouver Fraser Medical Program:
- Internal Medicine
- Medical Genetics
- School of Population and Public Health
- Northern Medical Program:
- All Years 3 & 4
- Southern Medical Program:
- Psychiatry at Kelowna General Hospital
Previous TTPS Communications
- Memo to Clinical Faculty – April 27, 2016
- Memo to Clinical Faculty – July 28, 2016
- Memo to Clinical Faculty – October 28, 2016
The Faculty of Medicine is committed to keeping Clinical Faculty informed about TTPS and its processes. For various frequently asked questions, please visit the FAQs page.
Please contact your department or regional program if you have additional questions about the teaching tracking and payment process or would like to update your personal information.